In many ways, retail is where it all began for the Internet - Amazon has been around for over 20 years - and yet, we are still in the early days of the digital transformation of retail. To quote Winston Churchill, of course in an entirely different context, “...this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.”
Omni-channel shopping, in-store virtual experiences, the use of Big Data and Machine Learning to understand consumers, trends and growth drivers, Internet-of-Things and Augmented Reality enabled shopping and servicing - all of these are in their infancy and promise a very different retail future from what we see today.
Retail leaders are discussing the need to change the talent structure and adopt “bold plays” to prepare for the future. There is a general sense of appreciation of the urge to change – the question however remains, where to start. Through this course, we wish to introduce the building blocks of this change and suggest a direction for Retail Professionals to prepare themselves for the inescapably disruptive future.
About this workshop series
In this interactive two-day bootcamp, we start with the basics, but we quickly dive into the meat of things. You'll learn the fundamentals of how digital technologies and practices are being applied to the Retail industry, and how they may impact the industry’s future. Through real-world case studies and sessions with leading Retail and eCommerce executives and experts, you will learn how the technology revolution in Retail is playing out. Through hands-on activities, you'll develop an on-the-ground understanding of how digital technologies and practices are being applied in Retail. Through exposure to future technologies and the companies that are leveraging them, you will gain an understanding of what the future of Retail may look like.
Key Takeaways from Day 1
Solid understanding of who your customers are and how to reach them online:
- How to develop a content marketing strategy to effectively reach and retain your customers
- Learn the basics of search engine marketing (SEM) and optimisation (SEO)
- Learn how to get the most out of mobile
- Learn how to build and develop affiliate marketing opportunities
- Learn to market across the entire customer journey - how to acquire new customers and retain current ones through social media, paid advertising, and re-engagement marketing
- Understand the customer acquisition funnel, and key metrics related to it
- Learn to use key performance indicators and data analytics for marketing success.
Key Takeaways from Day 2
Deep Dive into specific use case of Digital Marketing in the Retail industry:
- Case study from online retail to understand how to grow your customer base on a limited marketing budget
- Case study of omni-channel retail, and how a physical and online presence can complement each other through a thoughtful analysis of the customer journey
- Digital experts from the retail industry will share their experience and learnings
- Creating new in-store customer experiences through digital technologies
- Hands-on exposure to key marketing and data analytics tools
- The future of retail in a connected world, with the use of Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning, Big Data and Augmented Reality
If you are interested, please sign up to be on our waitlist and we will let you know as soon as we start this course.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]